CNC Laser Operator – Swing Shift
Hera Technologies, LLC (the “Company”) is seeking a highly motivated CNC Laser Operator to join its team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The CNC Laser Operator must be familiar with a manufacturing environment, have working computer knowledge, and be a self-starter who pays attention to detail with accuracy and takes responsibility for their work. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing laser cut and perforated parts by setting up and operating laser CNC machines, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping accurate records, maintaining equipment and other duties as assigned.
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt Hourly
Work hours: Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 10:30pm; Some weekend work may be necessary. Hours may be adjusted at the discretion of your supervisor.
Salary Range: $20.00 – $24.00
Reports to: Lead Operator
Location: 100% onsite at 1055 E Francis St. Ontario, CA 91761 USA
Essential Job Duties (which include, but not limited to):
- Set up and operate machines to produce parts by using work orders, blueprints, materials and specifications.
- Interprets job instructions such as CNC program, setup sheet, tool list, job routing, part drawings and in-process quality instructions.
- Loads the CNC program into the machine control including zero and reference points, centering laser nozzle, configures Z-height offsets, etc.
- Determines laser speed, laser power outputs, and other laser parameters as needed.
- Runs the program, takes measurements and makes adjustments necessary to produce part.
- Modifies programs in response to problems.
- Inspects first run piece and checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications.
- Optimize programs and manufacturing methods for continuous process improvement. Nest part geometries for maximum yield per raw material units and minimize waste.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Safety protocol adherence.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
- Minimum five years’ experience in related area.
- Minimum 5 years CNC laser cutter experience
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints.
- Knowledge of a variety of cutting tools.
- Knowledge of CNC mill machine controls.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work orders.
- Ability to work with shop math.
- Ability to use standard measuring tools (i.e. micrometers, calipers).
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
Work authorization and Clearances:
- Must be US Citizen or Authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to undergo and pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination.
- Laser operators spend most of the day on their feet and must follow strict safety rules. They wear safety glasses to protect their eyes from airborne debris. Loud noise from machinery requires use of hearing protectors. They wear hard toe shoes or boots to protect their feet from potentially dropped objects.
- It is a professional work atmosphere, everyone from top managers to employees holds themselves accountable to their actions.
- It is a workplace environment where people are respectful, competent, and work together to meet their expectations.
- It is an open work culture in which no one feels excluded in whatever is going on within the workplace. People are not afraid to talk and are very supportive of each other.
- It is a rewarding working environment where managers make the effort to show gratitude to those who work hard.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Bend or twist their body.
- Lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds.