CNC Milling Machinist – 1st Shift
Hera Technologies, LLC (the “Company”) is seeking a highly motivated CNC Milling Machinist to join its team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The candidate must be familiar with a manufacturing environment, have working computer knowledge and be a self-starter who pays attention to detail and accuracy and takes responsibility for their work. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing machined parts by setting up and operating mills and/or lathes, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping accurate records, maintaining equipment and other duties as assigned.
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $23 to $26 USD per hour
Hours: 6:00AM to 2:00PM, Monday through Friday
Reports to: Machine Shop Manager
Location: 100% onsite at 1055 E. Francis, Ontario, CA 91761
Essential Job Duties: (which include, but not limited to):
- Set up and operate machines to produce parts by using work orders,blueprints,
materials and specifications.
- Interprets job instructions such as CNC program, setup sheet, tool list, job routing,
part drawings and in-process quality instructions.
- Locates the appropriate tool holders, tools and fixtures and loads them into the
- Loads the CNC program into the machine control including zero and reference
points and enters tool length and offsets.
- Determines how fast to feed the work piece into the machine and howmuch
material to remove.
- Ensures that the work piece is properly lubricated and cooled.
- Runs the program, takes measurements and makes adjustments necessary to
- Modifies programs in response to problems.
- Inspects first run piece and checks succeeding pieces for conformance to
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Safety protocol adherence.
- Maintains compliance with company policies and safety regulations.
- Suggest and help implement cost reductions and quality improvements.
- Provide recommendations to improve productivity, equipment utilization,and
identify best use of equipment and tooling accordingly.
- Set up preliminary runs to verify accuracy and provide feedback for process
improvements. Inclusive of machining 1st Article parts and making offset and/or
work with team to program modifications based on inspection results.
- Perform equipment preventative maintenance actions and document actions
- Support 5-S and adhere to health, safety, and environmental company guidelines.
- Perform cross-functional operations.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
- Minimum five years’ experience in related area.
- Minimum 5 years CNC lathe machining experience.
- Minimum 5 years mill machinist experience.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints.
- Knowledge of a variety of cutting tools.
- Knowledge of CNC mill machine controls.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work orders.
- Ability to work with shop math.
- Ability to use standard measuring tools (i.e. micrometers, calipers)
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
- Ability to learn to perform cross-functional operations.
- Experience with 5 axis HAAS and Thermwood machines a plus.
- Experience with 2-5 axis machining of metallics, composites, honeycomb and
Work authorization/security clearance requirements:
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical examination, including a
drug and alcohol test.
- Machinists spend most of the day on their feet and must follow strict safety rules. They wear safety glasses to protect their eyes from airborne debris. Loud noise from machinery requires use of hearing protectors. They wear hard toe shoes or boots to protect their feet from potentially dropped objects.
- It is a professional work atmosphere, everyone from top managers to employees
holds themselves accountable to their actions.
- It is a workplace environment where people are respectful, competent, and work
together to meet their expectations.
- It is an open work culture in which no one feels excluded in whatever is going on
within the workplace. People are not afraid to talk and are very supportive of each
- It is a rewarding working environment where managers make the effort to show
gratitude to those who work hard.
• Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Repeat the same movements.
• Bend or twist their body.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally
lift/or move up to 50 pounds.