CNC Programmer and Shop Manager
The individual will perform the responsibilities listed below and other duties as required by the Company. The successful candidate will lead the team with all aspects of programming for CNC Machines and be the primary “go to” person for machinists in the setup of complex machining applications.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Salary Range: $100,000 to $120,000 annually
Hours: 6:00AM to 2:30PM Monday through Friday
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: 100% onsite at 1055 E Francis St. Ontario, CA 91761
Essential Job Duties (include, but not limited to):
- Responsible for the attendance, coaching, discipline, training and performance evaluation of manufacturing staff.
- Assign machining department, including self, with day-to-day tasks.
- Determine manpower, identifying appropriate equipment, and rawmaterials needed to meet or exceed production demand.
- Maintains compliance with company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- • Maintain traveler conformance on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead shop floor personnel to be capable of meeting company goals.
- Scheduling shifts according to production needs. Provide accurate daily reporting of production status, schedules, updatesand corrections taken to resolve issues. Physically track jobs and/or parts in the machining department for status updates.
- Occasionally conduct teleconference calls to review the schedule with the leadership team for status updates.
- Fill-in on the shop floor when needed such as making parts or any other support activity.
- Be directly involved with the implementation and execution of continuous improvement planning and implementation.
- Lead various special projects as assigned by management.
- Create, schedule and supervise routine preventative maintenance on machines.
- Accurately read and understand blueprints and engineering drawings to ensure proper setup, sequence of operations, dimensions and tolerance levels of finished product.
- Using the latest version of Mastercam software, Program and Setup HAAS, DMS, and Thermwood 3, 4, & 5-Axis CNC mills as well as Doosan Lathes following the set manufacturing method.
- Provide support to router and laser department as needed by utilizing CAD/CAM software to prepare CNC programs for 3-axis CNC Routers and 2-axis CNC Laser cutters.
- Diagnose and rectify tooling problems and machine malfunctions.
- Suggest and help implement cost reductions and quality improvements.
- Provide recommendations to improve productivity, equipment utilization, and identify best use of equipment and tooling accordingly.
- Optimize programs and manufacturing methods for continuous process improvement. When required, work with customers to resolve CAD data technical issues. Advise and assist in developing the manufacture of complex tools, interrelated mechanisms, and fixtures.
- Create the machining process for new parts and/or trouble-shoots existing machining processes inclusive of shop floor travelers/work order, then triggers management to improve ERP manufacturing plan.
- Create detailed documentation (setup sheets) on how to setup billets for various sequences of machining operations and prove out machining programs by achieving conforming dimensional inspection results.
- Set up preliminary runs to verify accuracy and provide feedback for process improvements. Inclusive of machining 1st Article parts and making offset and/or program modifications based on inspection results.
- Predict how long a project will take to complete.
- Performs in-process inspections on parts using precision measuring instruments and gauges.
- Work closely with all shop floor personnel to debug and optimize CNC programs.
- Responsible to collaborate with team and maintain CNC configuration management system and organize file storage electronically.
- Assist in assigning CNC department staff, including self, with day-to-day tasks.
- From customer supplied blueprints and models, plan an efficient manufacturing method to complete parts that conform to external customer quality and dimensional requirements as well as our own internal quality system requirements including AS9100.
- Assist with estimating run times for new Request for Quotation (RFQ) opportunities.
- Confer with other management to resolve machining and assembly issues.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Observe and enforce shop floor cleanliness, ensure equipment preventative maintenance actions and documents are executed regularly, and upkeep pursuant to safety rules and company policies and holds assigned employees accountable to them.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
- At least 7 years of multi-axis (3, 4, and 5 Axis) CNC programming experience utilizing Mastercam software.
- At least 7 years of manufacturing management experience.
- A high degree of initiative and self-motivation to help lead and develop teams and manage diverse workgroups.
- Expert level experience in 5-Axis CNC Programming.
- Expert level experience with geometric dimensions and tolerances.
1055 E Francis St. Ontario, CA 91761
- Familiarity with the operations of DMS & Thermwood 5-axis routers, HAAS 3, 4 & 5 axis mills and Doosan Lynx lathes with live milling and sub-spindle.
- Ability to understand blueprints and engineering drawings with knowledge of geometric tolerancing.
- Ability to apply basic algebra and geometry/trigonometry concepts that apply to machining.
- Strong safety, quality, and teamwork orientation with track record of dependability.
- Ability to analyze and interpret drawings and complex mechanical tooling design blueprints of a highly technical nature.
- Good communication skills with engineering, manufacturing, customers, etc. to exchange information or receive clarification of design specs or concepts to complete job assignment.
- Experience with machining a wide range of metallic and engineered technical materials such as: Nomex & Aluminum honeycomb core, solid Aluminum & Metallics, Plastics, Ablative Cork, GFRP, Carbon Fiber, Phenolics etc. is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an aerospace, AS9100 environment.
- Surface modeling experience a plus.
- Frequent standing and walking; occasional climbing and balancing on large equipment; kneeling; bending, and crouching.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to navigate the warehouse and reach items both high and low.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Stand for long periods of time. Repeat the same movements. Bend or twist their body. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds.