CNC Router Machinist/Programmer
Hera Technologies, LLC (the “Company”) is seeking a highly motivated CNC Router Machinist/Programmer to join its team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. He/she must be familiar with a manufacturing environment, have working computer knowledge and be a self-starter who pays attention to detail and accuracy and take responsibility for his/her work. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing machined parts by setting up and operating mills and/or lathes, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping accurate records, maintaining equipment and other duties as assigned.
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $21 to $24 USD per hour
Hours: 2:00PM to 10:30PM, Monday through Friday
Reports to: Lead of CNC Router and Laser Department
Location: 100% onsite at 1055 E. Francis, Ontario, CA 91761
Essential Job Duties: (which include, but not limited to):
- Set up and operate machines to produce parts by using work orders, blueprints, materials and specifications.
- Interprets job instructions such as CNC program, setup sheet, tool list, job routing, part drawings and in-process quality instructions.
- Locates the appropriate tool holders, tools and fixtures and loads them into the machine.
- Loads the CNC program into the machine control including zero and reference points and enters tool length and offsets.
- Determines how fast to feed the work piece into the machine and how much material to remove.
- Ensures that the work piece and milling tools are properly cooled.
- Runs the program, takes measurements and makes adjustments necessary to produce part.
- Modifies programs in response to problems.
- Inspects first run piece and checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related area.
- Minimum 5 years’ CNC lathe machining experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ mill machinist experience.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints.
- Knowledge of a variety of cutting tools.
- Knowledge of CNC mill machine controls.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work orders.
- Ability to work with shop math.
- Ability to use standard measuring tools (i.e. micrometers, calipers)
- Experience with 2-5 axis machining of metallics, composites, honeycomb and plastics preferred.
- Experience with 5 axis HAAS and Thermwood machines a plus.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements:
- Must be US Citizen or Authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to undergo and pass a criminal background check.
Work environment: Machinists spend most of the day on their feet and must follow strict safety rules. They wear safety glasses to protect their eyes from airborne debris. Loud noise from machinery requires use of hearing protectors. They wear hard toe shoes or boots to protect their feet from potentially dropped objects.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Bend or twist their body.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds.