Composites Structures Technician
Hera Technologies, LLC (the “Company”) is seeking a highly motivated Processing Technician to join its team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The individual will perform the responsibilities listed below and other duties as required by the Company. The successful candidate must be familiar with a manufacturing environment, a self-starter who pays attention to detail and accuracy, and take responsibility for their work.
FLSA Classification: Hourly non-exempt
Salary Range: $21 to $24 USD per hour
Work Hours: 6:00AM to 2:30PM Monday through Friday
Reports to: Composites Structures Supervisor
Location: 100% onsite at 1055 E Francis St. Ontario, CA 91761
Essential Job Duties (which include, but not limited to):
- Read and comprehend written and verbal instructions, detailed blueprints andother similar authorized drawings and documents, and be capable of doing basic mathematical calculations.
- Cut and trim composite parts to close tolerances per instructions using hand tools such as hand router, hand drill, hand sander and inspection equipment.
- Structural bonding and fastening of composite assemblies, including surface preparation for bonding.
- Understand and execute work orders in a timely and professional manner. Maintain clean, organized work areas and securely stores equipment and supplies.
- Inspect work for the highest quality.
- Maintain strict attention to detail when working at customer’s property.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards.
- Be able to read and understand shop travelers.
- Support 5-S and adhere to health, safety, and environmental company guidelines.
- Perform cross-functional operations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
• Minimum 3 years of composite experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
• Experience with structural bonding and fastening of composite assemblies, including surface preparation for bonding TPS.
• Experience with hand lay-up of prepreg materials (Carbon Fiber, Fiberglass, Phenolic, honeycomb core and Rohacell foam).
• Laser projection experience.
• Must be able to work in control ventilated environments with mask and protection gear.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Highly organized and self-motivated.
• Knowledge of basic prep and keeping a clean job site.
• Quality conscious and detail oriented.
• Ability to learn to perform cross-functional operations.
- Autoclave operation experience preferred.
- Experience with oven curing.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical examination, including a drug
and alcohol test.
- Employee spends most of the day on their feet and must follow strict safetyrules. They wear safety glasses to protect their eyes from airborne debris. Loud noise from machinery requires use of hearing protectors. They wear hard toe shoes or boots to protect their feet from potentially dropped objects.
- It is a professional work atmosphere, everyone from top managers to employees holds themselves accountable to their actions.
- It is a workplace environment where people are respectful, competent, and work together to meet their expectations.
- It is an open work culture in which no one feels excluded in whatever is going on within the workplace. People are not afraid to talk and are very supportive of each other.
- It is a rewarding working environment where managers make the effort to show gratitude to those who work hard.
Employees may often need to:
- Use their hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Bend or twist their body.
- Move and/or lift at least 40 pounds.