Hera Technologies, LLC is seeking a highly motivated Deburr/Bench Technician to join our team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The individual will be responsible for driving multiple projects of varying complexities. This role will take full ownership of related activities performed by multi-disciplined cross-functional teams.
FLSA Classification: Hourly non-exempt
Salary Range: $17.00 to $19.00 per hour
Reports to: Production Manager
Hours: 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM Monday through Friday
Location: 100% onsite at 1055 E. Francis St., Ontario, CA 91761
Essential Job Duties (which include, but not limited to):
- Deburr and hand finish parts as required by customers’ specifications using procedures, machines, and tooling.
- Perform work, rework, and inspection of precision parts.
- Keep the department up to the standard of cleanliness. Cleanliness audits are to be performed as frequently as daily per the discretion of management.
- Occasionally participate in teleconference calls to review the schedule with the department leadership for status updates.
- Aid in the coordination of day-to-day production throughput, including scheduling, planning, and execution of all jobs as defined by customer needs.
- Maintain traveler conformance and enter required data on documentation for jobs.
- Manage and properly use JobBoss modules applicable to your areas of responsibility.
- Fill in on the shop floor when needed such as making parts or any other support activity.
- Be directly involved with the implementation and execution of continuous improvement planning and implementation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
- Must have at least 1 year of deburring metal components within an aerospace manufacturing job-shop environment.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, schematics, blueprints, and work instructions.
- Prior experience in using machine shop tools properly and safely.
- Must have high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and react to project changes.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal oversight or direction.
- Excellent planning, organization, and problem-solving skills, including basic shop math.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. English proficiency is required.
- Excellent PC skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of JobBoss ERP software is preferred.
- Must be US Citizen or Authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to undergo and pass a criminal background check.
- Must pass a physical examination.
Work environment: Employee spends most of the day on their feet and must follow strict safety rules. They wear safety glasses to protect their eyes from airborne debris. Loud noise from machinery requires the use of hearing protectors. They wear hard-toe shoes or boots to protect their feet from potentially dropped objects.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Bend or twist their body.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds.