Facilities Maintenance Technician
Hera Technologies, LLC (the “Company”) is seeking a highly motivated Facilities Maintenance Technician to join its team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The individual will perform the responsibilities listed below and other duties as required by the Company. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who pays attention to detail and take responsibility for their work.
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt; Hourly
Work hours: Monday – Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm; Some weekend work may be necessary. Hours may be adjusted at the discretion of your supervisor.
Salary Range: $21.00
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Location: 100% onsite at 1055 E Francis St. Ontario, CA 91761 USA
Essential Job Duties (which include, but not limited to):
- HAZMAT storage and management; work with vendors for proper chain of custody and removal.
- Perform bandsaw maintenance and schedule repairs with service provider as needed; ensure adequate supply of band saw blades and that the dust collection system is working properly.
- Coordinate scissor lift maintenance, confirm fall arrest harness is available and in use, make daily checklists available, and schedule repairs with service provider as needed; ensure it has a dedicated storage place and is charged ready for use.
- Schedule and/or meet monthly related to safety with each department (Composites, Milling, Machs, Receiving, and Shipping) to determine PPE needs and safety improvement recommendations from the staff; take counts of whom needs gloves with sizes, ear plugs, respirators/filters with sizes, safety glasses replacements, etc.
- Create and maintain an Environmental Health and Safety communication board o Recent near misses (solicit staff), track # of days since last recordable injury.
- Include Photos of the required PPE to be worn during manufacturing (Hard toes shoes, safety glasses, ear protection as needed, gloves when handling sharp items).
- Photos/Diagram of proper lifting techniques.
- Concentra information for use in case of incident.
- Fire Drill location to congregate; implement headcount roster close to congregation location.
- Coordinate company truck repairs and ensure it is in good working condition.
- Supply Inventory and ordering of First Aid Kit station and defibrillator equipment maintenance.
- Maintaining and updating Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Information.
- Related to facility moves, lead the way to compartmentalize and assist department leads with moving their equipment and other company property.
- General shop cleanliness including warehouse, machine shop, machines and equipment, offices, restrooms, interior and exterior windows, and outside grounds.
- Perform dusting of low-reach and high-reach areas.
- Polish all metal and mirrors in restrooms.
- Clean and disinfect all paper towel and soap dispensers.
- Clean and disinfect wash basins, toilet bowls and urinals.
- Spot-clean walls around wash basins.
- Disinfect underside and tops of toilet seats.
- Mop all restroom floors with germicidal solution.
- Refill soap, towel, tissue containers, and toilet seat cover dispensers as needed.
- Replace paper towel and soap dispensers as needed.
- Sweep all hard-surfaced floors with treated dust mops.
- Use floor scrubber unit to clean shop floors weekly; schedule repairs for scrubber as needed.
- Vacuum all office carpet traffic patterns, giving special attention to public and executive areas.
- Empty all waste containers and place trash designated in pick-up areas.
- Wipe out all wastepaper receptacles as needed
- Remove smudges from doors, door frames, and counters.
- Spot-clean all wall switches and door facings.
- Sweep and mop all stairs and stairwell landings as necessary
- Remove spillage spots from carpets and floors.
- Spot-clean partition glass.
- Clean Lobby/Main Entrance.
- Return furniture to neat and orderly position.
- Spot-clean painted partitions and painted walls.
- Touch-up and repaint walls as needed.
- Clean counter and floor areas around kitchenette coffee stations.
- Clean lunchroom furniture and appliances.
- Maintain inventory of sanitary supplies and restock supplies in restrooms and kitchenettes daily.
- Perform daily forklift maintenance checklists and schedule repairs with service provider as needed; ensure adequate supply of propane and secure spare tanks in fire safe container.
- Check & empty work center dust collectors daily
- Maintain compressor systems and schedule repairs with service providers as needed.
- Maintain facility air conditioners (perform regular cleanings and filter changes) and schedule repairs with service providers as needed.
- Assist in organizing shop including tools and hardware, raw materials and finished goods.
- Follow Hera Technologies Human Resources standards, policies and procedures.
- Supports 5-S and adheres to health, safety and environmental company guidelines.
- Support continuous improvement planning and implementation with new equipment installations, equipment improvement/relocations, and facility improvements.
- Mechanical assembly of office and industrial equipment.
- CNC machine maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by team lead and/or Supervisor.
- Ability to multi-task while prioritizing and maintaining a high quality of workmanship.
- Professionalism and ability to adapt in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong communication and language skills. Must be able read, write and speak English fluently.
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with ability to multi-task
- Experience working in an AS9100 aerospace machine shop preferred.
- Mechanical and construction background a plus.
Work authorization and Clearances:
- Must be US Citizen or Authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to undergo and pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination.
- The employee spends most of the day on their feet and must follow strict safety rules. They wear safety glasses to protect their eyes from airborne debris. Loud noise from machinery requires use of hearing protectors. They wear hard toe shoes or boots to protect their feet from potentially dropped objects.
- It is a professional work atmosphere, everyone from top managers to employees holds themselves accountable to their actions.
- It is a workplace environment where people are respectful, competent, and work together to meet their expectations.
- It is an open work culture in which no one feels excluded in whatever is going on within the workplace. People are not afraid to talk and are very supportive of each other.
- It is a rewarding working environment where managers make the effort to show gratitude to those who work hard.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Must be able to kneel, bend, sit, stand, walk for long periods of time.
- Bend or twist their body.
- Repeat the same movements.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds.