Summary: Hera Technologies, LLC is seeking a highly motivated Metrology Inspector to join our team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The individual will perform receiving, in-process, final inspection & 1st article approval of manufactured and assembled hardware. They will verify processes as required to ensure drawing and material specifications are satisfied. The successful candidate must be familiar with a manufacturing environment, have computer knowledge, a self-starter who pays attention to detail and accuracy and taking responsibility for his/her work.
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt
Work hours: 7am-3:30pm
Salary Range: $25.00 – $27.00 per hour
Reports to: Quality Supervisor
Location: 100% at 350 Imperial Blvd.Cape Canaveral, FL 32920 USA
Essential Duties (which include, but not limited to):
- Inspection of received material, in-process and finished components utilizing various types of mechanical and electronic measuring, test equipment and visual inspection, to applicable drawings and specifications.
- Inspection of products and material then generating inspection records in accordance with AS9102 Specification.
- Ensuring material products and processes (paint, anodize, chem-film, etc.) are applied in accordance with applicable drawings and specification requirements.
- Interfacing with machinists and production personnel related to his/her workmanship and determine if other quality issues exist.
- Verification of calibrated tools to ensure that gages and measuring instruments are within calibration interval prior to use.
- Ensuring nonconforming materials are isolated/quarantined from acceptable parts and are properly documented and controlled in accordance with Hera Quality procedures and work instructions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
- Knowledge of PCMM “Faro Arm w/Laser line probe” and familiarity with Polyworks IMinspect and/or Verisurf.
- Minimum 3 years’ Inspection/Quality experience in manufacturing environment.
- Must have computer understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to interpret drawings including GD&T.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize inspection duties.
- Ability to work with others in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to safely lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to understand PO requirements and verification of Certificate of Conformance.
- Knowledge of mechanical measuring tools including but not limited to, micrometers, calipers, scales, pin and radius gages, height gage, surface finish comparator, dial indicator, etc.
- Ability to use InspectionXpert to balloon a print and generate DIR and AS9102 forms.
- Must be US Citizen or Authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to undergo and pass a criminal background check.
- Employee must be willing to undergo and pass a physical examination check.
Work environment: Employees spend most of the day on their feet and must follow strict safety rules. They wear safety glasses to protect their eyes from airborne debris. Loud noise from machinery requires the use of hearing protectors. They wear hard toe shoes or boots to protect their feet from potentially dropped objects.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
- Ability to stand for extensive periods of time.
- Sit, Stoop, Kneel and Crouch.
- Must be able to navigate warehouse and reach items both high and low.