Shipping & Receiving Production Assistant
Hera Technologies, LLC is seeking a highly motivated Shipping & Receiving Production Assistant to join our team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The individual will be responsible for driving multiple projects of varying complexities throughout the entire project life cycle (raw material through shipping), be the conduit for production-related communications between shop floor and management regarding schedule, inventory, and quality issues. This role will take full ownership of related activities performed by multi-disciplined cross-functional teams.
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-exempt
Salary Range: $17.00 to $20.00 USD depending upon experience
Hours: Monday – Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm; Some weekend work may be necessary. Hours may be adjusted at the discretion of your Directive.
Location: 100% on-site at 1055 E Francis St. Ontario, CA 91761
Essential Duties (which include, but not limited to):
• Meet shipping goals as defined daily by the Production Manager.
• Review entire traveler to ensure all prior operations are bought off so you can begin your work center operations per traveler.
• Any or all traveler operations not bought prior to current operation, take to your directive to get further instructions.
• Log into Workstation driver before starting a job using workstation computer.
• Prepare jobs to be packaged by visual inspecting parts for defects such as burrs, chips, divots, porosities, and cosmetic defects per work instructions on traveler.
• Clean parts by using proper cleaning solvents per customer specifications on traveler and drawing notes.
• Mark parts by using ink stamp, pen marking, or label making per customer specifications on traveler and drawing notes.
• Package and protect part using vacuum seal and other protective packaging essentials per customer specifications on traveler and drawing notes.
• Log out of workstation driver after completion of job and correctly fill out traveler and move to next operation per the traveler.
• Aid in providing accurate daily reporting of jobs completed via email.
• Aid keeping department safety and cleanliness daily. Clean as you go.
• Properly use JobBoss modules applicable to your areas of responsibility.
• Report shortages of any or all shipping supplies for directive to place order.
• Help in receiving materials when needed.
• Keep inventory maintained, labeled, organized and levels tracked, including shelf-life items. Resources will be available to lead this effort.
• Work efficiently and in a timely manner while being safe.
• Stage materials throughout machine shop as needed.
• Support other departments as needed. examples: loading ovens, expediting jobs through shop, keeping pallets organized, load and unloading trucks.
• Use company truck to pick up or deliver items. (Only approved by directive)
• Take initiative with aiding in continuous improvement.
• Fill-in on the shop floor when needed such as making parts or any other support activity.
• Ensure all jobs have been correctly completed through every step of the process as it deals with your company function. Take action to resolve discrepancies.
• Be a channel for Hera’s vision and drive a culture of discipline and excellence.
• Supports 5-S and adheres to health, safety, and environmental company guidelines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
- Must have at least 2 years of Manufacturing production control experience. within an manufacturing job-shop environment, preferably in aerospace.
- Ability to prioritize and react to project changes.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and notes, measurement tools such as calipers, tape measure and scales.
- Experience in planning, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- PC skills experience to navigate in – Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, and ERP systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
- Ability to learn to perform cross-functional operations.
- Working knowledge of Job Boss or other ERP software is preferred.
- Production and inventory control experience (expediting and material handling) would be a plus.
Work authorization and Clearances:
Must be authorized to work in the US.
Must be willing to undergo a criminal background check.
Must be able to pass a physical examination, including a drug and alcohol test.
- The incumbent will spend a portion of the day on their feet and must follow strict safety rules. They wear safety glasses to protect their eyes from airborne debris. Loud noise from machinery requires use of hearing protectors. They wear hard toe shoes or boots to protect their feet from potentially dropped objects.
- It is a professional work atmosphere, everyone from top managers to employees holds themselves accountable to their actions.
- It is a workplace environment where people are respectful, competent, and work together to meet their expectations.
- It is an open work culture in which no one feels excluded in whatever is going on within the workplace. People are not afraid to talk and are very supportive of each other.
- It is a rewarding working environment where managers make the effort to show gratitude to those who work hard.
Physical requirements: Employees may often need to:
- Ability to safely lift at least 25 lbs.
- Must be able to navigate warehouse and use hands and arms to reach, feel or handle items both high and low.
- Stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Sit, Stoop, Kneel and Crouch.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Vision abilities required by this job include- near vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.